"If there's a book that you want to read,, but it hasn't been written yet,, then you must write it."___ (Toni Morrison, writer Afro-America, 1931-_)

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Red Terrain

(Journey to military, Part II)
The night was so piercing. It's breezy as if really bind my tenseness who the next day must follow the selection tests to become a National Military Academy Midshipman.. My eyes clenched-valve began to wilt as soon entered the dream world.. So, I asleep by only closing the eyes once. I do not know what I will be guess.

The morning was so quick to pick up my consciousness from state of my dying for a moment.. Voice of adzan (Subuh) awaken my feathers roman until raised. "Hah! Let us begin the tired!".

That morning, the sun is still tucked behind the first horizon (east). The streets are deserted make sped of my motorbike faster rate than gold train. The night wind is still felt hit my heart that full of presumption.. Shaddow of my self, my family, my teachers even Ardila then followed me as if to give encouragement to me which was not helpless. When in fact they are not next to me .. was not here.

Until I wa arriving at the terrain of military selection (Dustira's Hospital), I and other participants gathered in the best cordon I've ever seen.. Wearing white clothes and white shorts. Lined up waiting for check,, just health test... not to choose among us which is stronger. All vital part of our bodies was examined doctors military by carefully. Even a little kind of injuries like scar to be their calculations that very strict.. Examination lasted until the afternoon, but not heavy.

After medical examination, the candidates of military cadets (Taruna Akmil) rested and waited for the announcement of test result.. There is eating, sleeping, joking and even people are being silent contemplation too can I see. All full-facing radiant joy. But everything changed when several military announced the results of health selection.. All eyes went cold and the heart of every candidate cadets pounding.. The candidates who not pass that means can not follow the selection to be held next,, physical test.. And the candidates who pass must be prepared to take the physical test in the terrain (Stadium of Siliwangi Bandung) later, that place isn't just any ordinary terrain..

The second day of selection was so quick threatening me. This is first exciting events of my entire life. When the early morning before the sun appeared,, all prospective cadets who pass the medical test yesterday was ready and come earlier than schedule before. All are seeing to the broad field that in the presence them.. So when the test time arrives, all the candidates tried hard for doing military test regulations that gradually (step by step), not glued..

The first test is a test of physical postures.. This determines whether of us are deserve to be a soul among the fighters.. Then we were ordered to run around the field is so broad Siliwangi to find which ones of us who will give up.. Dusts of red soil that trampled are flying to welcomed the victory and mocking the shattered souls.. After surrounding the field Siliwangi, we are prohibited take a drinking and ordered to return to undergo further tests outside the field,, that is testing the pull-ups (lifting body) in the iron pole and sit-up test in the board without a mattress. Then push-ups, sprinting form a figure eight and the last test is swimming in water depths reach 3 meters with track. All this occurred without a lag time, but regularly.

My whole body felt dead tired but I did not want to give up.

When I imagine the trips that I have doing before this twilight, when the perspiration was wetting the soil along the swift sweat pouring from my body. In my mind there is a saying, "You must not give up!". The whisper it comes with a shadow of Ardila that seemed smile continues to comfort me, though not always.

But all were passed,, my mind is only focused on the results of the selection announcement is still a mystery..

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ご訪問いただきありがとうございます...!!

Thank's for your visit...!! :)